Registered Charity 1117046
A Complete Free Advocacy Service For The Elderly.
Are you over 50? Do you need help with a problem? If so, you our friendly, trained advocates might be able to help you
ERICA is based at the Bridlington Community Resource Centre in Victoria Road, but we will arrange a home visit if necessary.
What is Advocacy?
- Advocacy is speaking up for someone else, according to his or her wishes.
- Advocacy is about helping people to make decisions for themselves.
- ERICA stands alongside elderly citizens so that they can assert themselves to improve the quality of their lives
- ERICA's advocates are volunteers.
- They are ordinary people with everyday life skills, committed to helping others.
- They have undergone ERICA's training programme
- They are good listeners, who will help to clarify options to resolve problems.
Could I become an Advocate ?
- Advocacy is nothing new. Many people do it without realising - As a relative, friend or neighbour, we will all have helped someone with a problem, be it large or small.
ERICA's Volunteer Advocates receive ...
- EXPERT Training in Advocacy
- Ongoing Support
- Guidance & Supervision
- Out Of Pocket Expenses
If you would like to know more about becoming an advocate please contact us on 01262 424372
More About ERICA
- ERICA is a group of experienced advocates, who have formed a charitable organisation, and routinely assist vulnerable elderly citizens.
- ERICA has a management committee, an adopted constitution, and became a registered charity in November 2006.
- ERICA's main objective is to establish, promote and develop independent advocacy services for elderly citizens in the East Riding.
- ERICA provides a focal point and platform for individuals and organisations that wish to support a healthy, independent advocacy service.
- ERICA protects and realises the rights and interests of elderly citizens who may face social exclusion, unfair treatment or prejudice due to ill health, disability or other disadvantage.
- ERICA is independently funded by grants, donations and fundraising events.
How ERICA Works
Trained advocates run the service, and clients are invited to discuss their problems, either at the office or at home. Advocates then seek to resolve the issue, keeping the client informed at all times. Each case is documented for audit purposes and client confidentiality strictly maintained. Links with other organisations have been established. ERICA liases with
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Community Legal Services (CLS)
- Older People's Advocacy Alliance (OPAAL)
- East Riding Voluntary Action Services (ERVAS)
- Hull Council for Voluntary Services
- Advice UK
- Voluntary Organisations
- Statutory Bodies
- Nursing & Residential Homes
- Health & Welfare Agencie
ERICA is an alternative office for Department of Works and Pensions (DWP) benefit claims, under an agreement with the DWP in Hull.
East Riding Independent Citizen Advocacy
Bridlington Community Resource Centre
4-8 Victoria Road
Tel 01262 424372
E-mail [email protected]